No workshop list is complete without Jose Villa’s workshop mentioned. And I am so lucky as to be attending a combo workshop next week right here on Maui (yay for Hawaii workshops) with both Jill La Fleur, whom I adore, and Jose Villa. And yes I feel spoiled.
Here is the 411 on the workshop:
La Fleur Weddings & Events 2-Day Maui Photographers & Stylists Workshop
Date: January 22-24, 2012 (Register online)
Location: Haiku Mill in Maui, Hawaii
Workshop specials: Photographer/Stylist couples discount-full price on first person, 1/2 price on 2nd person, Kama’aina discount of $1800 for Hawaii residents, Maui SmugMug group discount $1800
Top Wedding Planner/Designer, Jill La Fleur, shares valuable instruction on Branding, Marketing & Packaging your business, What the Client and Wedding Planner/Location Coordinator are looking for, Getting Referred & on Referrals Lists, Getting Published in Magazines & on Blogs, the Photographer/Wedding Planner relationship-tips for the Day-Of & after, tips on Styling/Designing events, tips on Destination Weddings, and the importance of capturing the details-an Inspirational Photo Session with Jose Villa styled by Jill La Fleur.Featuring Jill La Fleur, Jose Villa, Abby of Style Me Pretty, Robyn & Hali’i Iaea, Editors of Pacific Weddings Magazine and Love Notes Blog, Joel Serrato Films, Brian of Richard Photo Lab, & Mar Romero of Team Hair & Makeup.
Schedule of Events
Sunday, January 22
A Hawaiian Welcome Reception
Monday, January 23
Full Day of Classes and Amazing Guest Speakers
Includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Tuesday, January 24
Morning Half-Day Classes followed by Afternoon Inspirational Shoot with Jose Villa (styled by Jill La Fleur)
Includes Breakfast and Lunch… Dinner on your own.
Travel & Accommodations on your own.
JOSE VILLA WORKSHOP
The workshop Jose runs that is best known is his Mexico workshop which usually happens in November of each year. If you go to Jose’s site, you can get on his mailing list so when his dates are announced you are the first to know. Because that workshop sells out super fast. With good reason.
Included in his workshop is:
- meet and greet dinner filled with lots of surprises
- breakfast, lunch and dinner all 4 days of the workshop
- make-up artist and stylist on all photo shoots
- floral arrangements
- all ground transportation
- 4 jammed packet days of shooting. class time and 1 on 1 sessions
- how to book Destination Weddings
- keeping it simple with composition
- finding a style that works for you
- creating a niche market
- developing relationships with vendors so they do the talking for you
- one on one portfolio review
- using natural light to create fine art images
- Its all about art.. lets talk about it!
- how to get the word out, marketing, advertising
- now that you have the art, now sell it!
- the easy way to anti pose a couple
- magazine submissions, what the editors love to see
- client meeting
- digital workflow
- how to anti-pose a couple, the natural way
Thats on my wishlist too. So many cool workshops out there and I only talked about my personal favorites. If I left out your favorite workshop, leave a comment telling us all about it. But you certainly cannot lose going to any of the workshops I mentioned this week.
Next week? Back to our regularly scheduled programming of amazing and creative photography.
Wendy + Tory